These Cinnamon and Oat Snap Cookies are just delicious!!! The are light, soft, crunchy, chewy, spicy and filling. Everything you want for some delicious Gourmet Travellers Food!!
They are delicious as an everyday treat or special occasion even if you are not travelling to so you can make them at any time you wish.
We are currently in Calgary staying with some friends and having an amazing time! Mia also loves to bake so we have been having lots of delicious goodies while we are here. These Cinnamon and Oat Snap Cookies I have made with what things I had in the ‘car cupboard’ and will take them when we head into the rockies for some delicious hiking snacks!
Cinnamon and Oat Snap Cookies
200g butter – soft
1/2 cup caster sugar
3/4 brown sugar
1 cup + 2 Tbsp plain flour
3/4 cup oats (I used quick oats but any rolled oats will work)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp caster sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon for dusting.
1. In a bowl cream butter and sugars together. I just use a spoon so it doesn’t need to be perfect.
2. Add the egg and beat into the mix until all combined.
3. Add flour, oats, cinnamon and baking powder and fold into mix until all combined.
4. Line baking tray and pre heat oven to 180 degC.
5. Spoon tablespoon size blobs of the mixture onto the lined baking trays. Have a lot of space between as they will spread during cooking.
6. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar dusting mix.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden on edges and cooked in centre.
8. Allow to cool and then enjoy!
Another delicious recipe brought to you by Stef the Travelling Chef.