This is so tasty!! I love this. It is something so simple. I can just throw the chicken into a marinade then the next day grill it up and that’s basically all there is to it! Couldn’t be much more simple, or incredibly delicious!!
Greek Style Chicken Souvlaki
Chicken and Marinade:
300g skinless chicken breast, cut into strips.
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp greek yoghurt (optional)
A little olive oil
1/2 courgette sliced into thin strips
4 warm flatbreads (or wraps or pita pockets)
1/2 red onion, fine sliced
lettuce and tomato (optional)
1. Place all ingredients for marinade into a bowl or bag and mix together.
2. Add the chicken and make sure it is well cover then leave in fridge overnight.
3. Grill meat (This is sometimes easier to do by threading the meat onto skewers). Grill until cooked and golden.
4. Heat a frypan and lightly brown the courgette.
5. Stack flatbread with Tatziki, chicken, courgette and onion. (Lettuce and tomato too if you are having them).
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!