So I am currently doing the blogging 101 course at wordpress blogging university 🙂 Today our assignment is to write an inspired post, that is a post which is inspired by another blog.
This post is inspired by Mikey’s In My Kitchen. This blog is full of great recipes. Fresh salads, delicious sweets and lots more.. but what actually inspired me for this post was the name. It’s a great name with a very true story behind it which I’m sure almost everyone can relate to. Bethany is the writer of the blog and the name Mikey’s In My Kitchen comes from her husband Mikey always being in her kitchen while she is making anything picking at everything.
This instantly reminded me of my dad. He was always this one for me. Stealing the cookie dough or standing over me waiting for me to finish creaming the butter, sugar and egg for the cake I was making so he could get the bits from the beater.
This recipe was originally an adaption from a similar recipe I found in a book that I can no longer remember the name of. That recipe was for a chilli chocolate nut slice. At the time I was making this for someone with a few dietary requirements so I had to adapt some things from the original recipe to become, well, fairly different.
Another thing about my dad is he loves honey, fruit and nuts so inspired by Mikey’s In My Kitchen, my father and that infamous recipe book I present you this delicious, sweet, crunchy, chewy, healthy, energy packed nut slice!
Honey Nut Slice
2 cups mixed nuts
1/4 cup currants or raising
1/4 cup cranberries
100ml coconut oil
1. Toast nuts
2. In saucepan boil honey for about 2 minutes (5 minutes if using very liquid honey)
3. Add coconut oil and bring to boil ten remove from heat. Beat these together to combine.. Homogeneous.. now that’s a good word for the day 🙂
4. Add toasted nuts and fruit to the mix and pour into a lined tray.
5. Set immediately in fridge or freezer, if you leave it out the mixture can split at room temperature.
6. Cut into squares and store in fridge.